Animals are loving creatures that bring love to your life. But a big question that arises here is that where to buy your pet from?
But why not get one from the animal shelter? This article exclusively focuses on the top reasons why you must adopt from an animal shelter rather than buy an expensive pets.
Reasons to prefer animal shelters
- You will get a company - Animals are always good company and change your life. They make sure to be a source of entertainment and love for their owners. Not only this but some animals such as dogs also make sure to provide protection and safety to their owners.
- You can be someone’s family - Animals who have lost their families or been abandoned are the ones who have no other option but to live at an animal shelter. These animals are always looking back to their good old days where they were living a happy and full-of-care life. By adopting them, you can be a family to these animals and provide them with a life that they have always lived.
- It will cost you less - The reason why choosing an animal center surely costs you less than buying one from others. This is because shelter animals are vaccinated and have already passed through their basic medical examination which saves you a lot.
- You will get a healthy pet - Shelter animals are being provided with professional medical care which means that they are completely safe to buy. By choosing an animal shelter for making your purchase, you can confidently say that the animal you have bought is completely healthy and also safe for your family.
- You will make it easier for other shelter animals - Adopt an animal from an animal shelter is just not good for the one animal that you bought but is also good for the other animals who are still left behind. This will cut down the expense of one animal in the shelter which will definitely help them spend more on the other animals living there. This way, the shelter animals can get better care, food, and space for living.
- You have more variety - Another great thing about buying an animal from shelters is that you have a lot of variety to choose from. Animals of different breeds, ages, and colors are available at the shelter.
Adopting from rescue group also recommended =)
List of the Best Animal Shelters in Malaysia
All list is base on the best review on google & facebook
PAWS Animal Welfare Society
PAWS is a non-profit animal shelter in Petaling Jaya that has been in operation since 1987. They receive the surrender of unwanted dogs and cats which we will vaccinate, deworm, neuter/spay, and put up for adoption. The donations are tax deductible under Subsection 44(6) of the Income Tax Act 1967
S.I Home Shelter
S.I Home Shelter situated in Shah Alam now houses more than 400 cats and 12 dogs . Amongst the 400 cats there are some that require special attention.
Furry Friends Farm
Furry Friends Farm is a 1.7 acre Animal Sanctuary located in Kundang, Selangor in Malaysia. The residents consists of rescued, injured, abandoned dogs, cats, chickens and a goat name Rajoo. Furry Friends Farm is one of the best sanctuaries in Malaysia. It is also unique because of the no-kill policy, that applies to all species living and sharing its home. 500 lucky animals live in the 1.7 acre area filled with grass, trees and space for them to roam and run.
MIAR Malaysia Independent Animal Rescue
Malaysia Independent Animal Rescue was founded in 2008 by Puspa Rani. They are a non-profit team that helps strays in need and is dedicated to saving abused animals especially dogs. They were a group of rescuers dedicated to the rescue, fostering and rehabilitation of abused and abandoned dogs. Once their rescued dogs are medically treated, healed and rehabilitated, they are up for adoption. Puspa Rani have to-date saved the lives and successfully rehabilitated & rehomed over 700 dogs.
Second Chance Animal Shelter Malaysia
Second Chance (previously known as Paws Mission) was set up in Sept 2009 by a small group of animal lovers who came together to care for some abandoned puppies in Old Klang Road area, Kuala Lumpur. They started to build a simple shed behind a temple, giving Second Chance a base to shelter rescued dogs. The fully volunteer-run shelter has since been expanded a few times. In 2014, they have relocated our shelter to an area near Kampung Kenanga 18 in Hulu Langat. As of Nov 2014, they already have more than 400 dogs in the shelter. Their shelter is funded solely on public donation and volunteers' contributions
The aim of the SPCA is to protect defenseless animals and to alleviate their suffering. Established in 1958, the SPCA provides temporary shelter to unwanted animals in Selangor and the Federal Territory. They try to rehome as many as possible, but with more than 600 animals arriving every month the shelter is constantly challenged by a shortage of space and limited funds.
Adopting shelter animals is a good practice that must always be encouraged. By doing so, you promote good to the world and let people know that shelter animal also have the right to have a family and a home.
Visit: Petotum Community