On April 2019, Petotum was selected as Top 30 Finalist for SAP2019 Batch 2. It was a 4 months programme packed with classes and activities catered for startups.
SAP2019 was the first appearance from Petotum in the startup scene. When we applied for SAP2019, we are not sure whether we can make it as we are still new. Just launched in January and somehow, we managed to grab a spot in SAP2019 and we were shocked and thrilled at the same time when we received the news.
We are always grateful that SITEC gave us the opportunity to join SAP2019 because this accelerator has changed our startup and our life so much. We have great batchmates, experienced mentors as well as PICs who been so supportive to all of us.
1. Accelerator programme is the best place to find people who understand you and your struggles
Most of us are struggling on a daily basis. Whether about our startup, personal and even relationship. So, along the way as entrepreneurs, we might lose friends but on the bright side, we met new friends too. But this time, with additional perks - entrepreneurs, persistence and complete with a growth mindset. As for us, we are glad that we met awesome people as our batchmates.
These are our awesome batchmates and do check them out!
- Anak2U : Revolutionizing Early Education
- BeWe: Risk Sharing Community Powered Platform
- Carpit: Easy Transparent Car & Tyres Services
- Chupspace: Rent Creative Spaces for Any Purpose from Local Host
- Deemples: Find Golfers for Golf Games Easily
- EasyPay: Business Payment Specialist
- EatFun: Digital Restaurant Link Authentica Homecooked Food to You
- Engage Blink: High Value Potential Loyalty Program for Small Retail Business
- ERTH: On Demand Recycling Cash Rewards
- Everleaf: Choose the Good Life
- GetRunner: Get your Runner Easily
- GoLog: Reshaping Logistic
- JomParkir: Parking Simplified
- KongsiPlay: P2P Console and Game Rental
- Kravve: Enabling B40 to Make a Living Throught Culinary Skills
- Life Origin: Creating Sustainable Protein to Feed the World
- MeLab: Smart Community Solution
- My Psychology: Psychology for Everyone
- My Weekend Plan: Team Building Experience Everyone will Remember
- NEX Platform: Embracing Digital Technology in Real Estate Industry
- Padeetech: Single Seeding Nursery Tray
- PrimeXcess: Access to Future
- Seeds Job Fair: Virtual Career Fair for SEA Talents Overseas
- SlingApp: Tinder for Jobs with AI
- VITA: Digital Health Guide and EHR (Electronic Health Record)
- WeddingWe: Wedding Planning Without Hassle
- Whoop: Promotional Solution
2. Get to know the mentors and people in startup industry
For some people, getting to know the mentors is just like another posting on facebook to get more likes. But for us, we had our turning points with Petotum after the 1st pitch session. The feedback that we received from the panels and mentors really help us to improve our presentation skills as well as our pitch deck.
These mentors, in fact, became our friends even after we completed the programme and been supporting us along the way throughout our journey. You will never know that someday, you might work together with them or even become their strategic partner.
3. Never treat other startups as your competitor
As Zoey from Life Origin always said to us, never treat other startups in the same industry as your competitors. You might miss the chance to collaborate in the future or even to grow further.
Since then, we always look into on how to collaborate with other startups to make us go faster. We could complement each other with each others' strengths and advantages.
For any newbie out there (like us!), if you feel you are still new and still got a long way to go, do join any accelerator programme available (local or international) because you will definitely learn a lot, meet a lot of people along the way and grow your startup at the same time.
Even though SAP2019 has ended, we feel closer than ever. We don't really see each other as often, but the friendship remains.
This is not a race, it's a journey. Afifah basir