This Agreement and the Supplements referred to apply to all services by us to your Pet(s).
Terms of Service updated: 31 July 2019
The terms used throughout this Agreement, whether capitalized or not, and in either the singular or plural form, means as follows: “We,” “Us,” “Services” means Petotum, its partners, its associates and its subsidiaries. “You” and “your” shall mean the Pet(s) Parent(s) signing this Agreement. “Pet(s)” or “your Pet(s)” shall mean the Pet(s) receiving services from Petotum and shall refer to the Pet(s) designated by the Pet(s) Parent in this Agreement.
We agree to provide the specific service to your Pet(s) for each visit as indicated on the booking request that will be filled out for each of your Pet(s)’s services. We will exercise reasonable judgment as we provide the Services.
Reservations are accepted but not guaranteed without verification of our requirements.
If you need to cancel your reservation, please do so at least (7) days prior to your Pet(s)’s service date. Petotum reserves the right to charge late cancellation fees.
You must provide an adult, over the age of 18, as a contact (‘Agent’) for the services if you are unable to be reached in case of emergency. Your Agent must also be someone other than the primary Pet(s) Parent(s) and should not be someone traveling with you if you are leaving town. If we cannot reach you, you authorize us to contact your Agent. You agree that your Agent shall have your full and complete authority to make any and all decisions, including those related to the health of your Pet(s) and the expenditure of funds, for or on behalf of you and your Pet(s).
In an emergency or natural disaster, every effort will be made to contact you or your Agent to retrieve your Pet(s). You agree that Petotum, at its sole discretion, is authorized to transport, and/or to make temporary alternative arrangements to house and care for your Pet(s) until you or your Agent can retrieve the Pet(s). You understand it may not always be possible to safely evacuate your Pet(s).
Check-In and Check-Out
The lobby is open for check-in and check-out as posted at Petotum. We may require government issued identification before releasing the Pet(s) to ensure we only release your Pet(s) to you, your Agent.
Do not bring items with your Pet(s) that are valuable or irreplaceable. Petotum is not responsible for loss or damage to any personal item or toy left with your Pet(s).
Pet(s) Health and Behavior
We reserve the right to refuse to accept a Pet(s) at check-in for any reason, including without limit, if it appears to us the Pet(s) is sick, injured, in pain, or that its behavior could jeopardize the health or safety of other Pet(s) or our partners.
- No Pet(s) can stay with us unless the Pet(s) is healthy and we have confirmation from a licensed veterinarian or approved designee that the Pet(s) has received all vaccinations required by Department of Veterinary Services, Malaysia according to Animal Welfare Act 2015.
- If at any time your Pet(s) is found to have fleas or ticks, we may provide the appropriate flea or tick removal treatment, and you authorize us to provide such service at your additional expense.
- You represent that your Pet(s) has no illness, injury or behavior problem (including aggressive or biting behavior) that has not been disclosed to us.
- We may accept certain older Pet(s) and we may administer routine medications for chronic conditions, but we are not equipped to care for acutely sick Pet(s) or aggressive or biting Pet(s).
- You represent that your Pet(s) has not been exposed to rabies, distemper, or viruses within 60 days prior to beginning its stay with us.
- If your Pet(s) has been treated for a contagious illness, we will not accept your Pet(s) for at least two (2) months after treatment has been completed and a statement of health is obtained from a licensed veterinarian.
- You acknowledge that we may contact appropriate authorities if your Pet(s) bites another Pet(s) or any person.
- You acknowledge and agree that in the unlikely event your Pet(s) becomes ill or injured, or if your Pet(s) has a pre-existing condition which is aggravated by its stay, and requires professional attention we will attempt to notify you or your Agent at the telephone numbers you provide on the reverse side. If we cannot reach you or your Agent, Petotum or Petotum Partners at its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian and/or administer medicine or give other necessary attention to your Pet(s), and you authorize us to provide any such service at your additional expense. In cases we believe to be critical, we may take your Pet(s) to the veterinarian first before trying to contact.
- If you refuse medical treatment for your Pet(s), Petotum and Petotum Partners, at its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian and/or administer medicine to make your Pet(s) as comfortable as possible until picked up by you or your Agent, and you authorize us to provide any such service at your additional expense. If we cannot reach you or your Agent, we will make healthcare decisions for your Pet(s) based on the recommendations of available professionals.
- In the unfortunate event that your Pet(s) passes away while in our care, we will hold your Pet(s) until you or your Agent are able to pick up your Pet(s); or if you wish, at your expense, we will arrange to have your Cat cremated.
- You acknowledge and agree that in the unlikely event your Pet(s) is injured or passed away, YOU RELEASE PETOTUM AND ITS PARTNERS FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR SUCH INJURY AND DEATH.
- If your Pet(s) injures another Pet(s) or any person, you will be solely responsible for any injury to the other Pet(s)/ or person(s) as well as your own Pet(s), and YOU RELEASE PETOTUM AND ITS PARTNERS FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR SUCH INJURY.
Although all Pet(s) coming into the Petotum partners are required to be vaccinated, it is still possible for a Pet(s) to become ill. You understand this risk and agree that Petotum and its partners is not liable for any expense related to illness suffered by your Pet(s) during or after its services.
Pet(s) not picked up on Check-out Date or Services Completion
If you or your Agent do not pick up your Pet(s) at the agreed upon date and time, you hereby authorize us to continue to provide the Services as set forth in this Agreement at your expense. If Petotum determines, at its sole discretion, that an extension of Services is required, payment in full may be required prior to extending such Services.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if your Pet(s) is deemed abandoned under local laws or regulations, or in Petotum’s discretion as permitted by law, we will follow the Abandoned Pet(s) Procedure. Pet(s) under our care may be converted to boarding services if the Pet(s) has not been picked up within the operation hours and you shall pay the expense.
Abandoned Pet(s) Procedure
Unless otherwise required by applicable law, if you fail to pick up your Pet(s) by the designated time:
- All Services will stop, with the exception of medication administration necessary to ensure Pet(s) health and safety and basic boarding services (food, water, relief time and shelter).
- We will attempt to contact you by telephone and/or in writing using the information that you have provided, advising you that if your Pet(s) is not picked up within a reasonable time period, your Pet(s) will be deemed to be abandoned and that we will deliver the Pet(s) to a third party adoption partner or other similar government agency. You understand that you may lose ownership of your Pet(s) under these circumstances. If you fail to pick-up your Pet(s) for any reason, YOU RELEASE PETOTUM AND ITS PARTNER FROM ALL FURTHER LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR PET(S).
- You shall remain liable to us for all unpaid Charges, including without limit the court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees incurred in the collection of the Charges.
You represent to us that you are the owner(s) of the Pet(s) and that you are fully authorized to enter into this Agreement. All of the information about you and your Pet(s) in this Agreement is true, accurate and complete. In a custody dispute we will require proof of ownership, a written property settlement agreement or court decree.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all loss, damage or expense, including attorneys’ fees, resulting from misrepresentations by you or your representatives or resulting from your Pet(s) services including,without limitation, any person claiming to be the owner of your Pet(s) and any person claiming damage or injury by your Pet(s).
This written Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement and there are no oral agreements or understandings except as provided for in this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall bind us and our assigns and you and your heirs and assigns.
- The law that applies to the Agreement is the law of the state or province and municipality where your Pet(s) is to stay. If there are disputes that result in litigation, the courts of the state or province and municipality where your Pet(s) is to stay shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- We and our partners may take a photo of you & your Pet(s) while your Pet(s) is receiving our Services or in our partners’ care (“Photo”). You hereby grant Us the perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free right and license to publish, distribute, adapt, modify, or otherwise use the Photo, or any portion thereof, in any manner for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without your notice, review or approval.
Petotum is committed to protecting your information. This privacy notice provides details about the information we collect about you, how we use it and how we protect it. It also explains your rights and how to contact us if you have questions about how we use your information.
Policy last updated: 31 July 2019
Information about Petotum
In this privacy notice, references to “Petotum”, “we” or “us” or “our” are to Petotum Solutions (a company incorporated under the laws of Malaysia).
Depending on where and how you interact with us (e.g. by using our website or by walking into one of our Petotum-branded pet hotels) different companies within Petotum will process your information. You can find out more about the Petotum companies that handle your information, including which company makes decisions about how your information is handled, by contacting us.
Scope of our privacy notice
This notice applies to anyone who interacts with us in relation to our products and services (“you”, “your”), via any channel (e.g. website, email, phone, walk-ins to Petotum-branded pet hotels). We may give you additional privacy notices if required for specific interactions.
If you book for your pet stay through us at one of our partners’ pet hotels (i.e. you stay at a property that is not Petotum-branded), that partner will use your personal data as shown in their privacy notice.
This privacy notice applies to individuals who enquire about, purchase or make use of our services, such as when a user signs up with Petotum, modifies his/her account, makes a booking (whether through our website, in person or via any other channel), requests on-demand services, contacts customer support, stays at Petotum-branded pet hotels or otherwise communicates or interacts with Petotum.
It describes how we handle your information, regardless of the way you contact us (e.g. website, email, phone, walk-ins to Petotum-branded pet hotels, etc.). Sometimes we will provide you with additional information or notices, depending on the way we interact with each other.
The word “Petotum” appears in front of all Petotum-branded pet hotels, e.g. Petotum 01 PARK CITY PET BOARDING. If you book a stay for your pet through us at one of our partners’ pet hotels, that partner will use your personal information as shown in their privacy notice (which can normally be found on our partner’s website or is provided by our partner via email or at check-in).
Petotum’s website is not aimed at children, and we do not allow children to book any services without a responsible adult. This privacy notice is therefore not aimed at children. If you provide us with information about your children, it is processed as described in this notice.
If you have any questions about this, please contact us.
You agree to pay us for the Services we provide to your Pet(s) during each visit at the rates set forth at the start of such visit (collectively the “Charges”). Prices are subject to change without notice and seasonal rates may apply.
If you do not pay your bill in full at check-out, Petotum is required to return your Pet(s) to you at the time of check-out or completion of the services. You understand, however, that you will remain liable for all Charges incurred during your Pet(s)’s services, and Petotum reserves the right to collect any unpaid balance.
All material on this website, inclusive of (but not limited to) text, images, site design and logos are the property of Petotum and/or our partners. No whole or part of any content displayed on this website may be reused, distributed or modified in any form without prior permission.
Any company, entity, person or persons found to have used Petotum’s material may be charged under the law. Petotum will also try, to the best of our ability, to credit any materials and/or information taken from the internet to their respective owners.
Should any material be found to be uncredited, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for us to solve the issue and to rectify this matter.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, which helps us to understand your needs and provide better services tailored to meet your expectations.
How are cookies used?
Cookies are used for different purposes. They allow you to be recognized as the same user across the different pages of a website, between websites, or when you use an app. The types of information that may be collected through cookies include IP address; browser type; browsing info; operating system; internet service provider and features used or activities engaged in within the website/apps.
What types of cookies does Petotum use?
The International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories splits cookies into the following four categories:
Strictly necessary cookies, which enable services you have specifically asked for
- Performance cookies, which collect anonymous information on the pages you have visited
- Functionality cookies, which remember the choices you have made to improve your experience
- Targeting cookies, which collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests
What are your choices?
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or delete them, just visit allaboutcookies.org and the help section of your browser. In the settings for browsers like Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on your browser – use the “Help” function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
You can also find helpful information about cookies at www.youronlinechoices.eu and www.international-chamber.co.uk/our-expertise/digitaleconomy.
You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although in that case you may not be able to use certain features on the Site.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments about this Cookie Statement, send an email to email@example.com. Our Cookie Statement may also be amended from time to time – so visit this page regularly to stay up to date.